INDUSTRY LEADING FEATURES:
A shooter’s free cut that allows for greater arm mobility while firing a weapon. The soft panels include a built-in trauma pad to further reduce felt impact from bullets.
NIJ level IIIA, which stops .44 Magnum, 9 mm, .40 caliber, 12-gauge slug and buckshot, .45 caliber and more.
Our testers fire multiple rounds from various calibers — beyond the NIJ’s single-shot requirement. Tested calibers include: .22, .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 Special, .45 ACP, and .44 Magnum
Each plate comes with a QR coded label to its certification sheet. It will show tested ammunition, angles, back-face deformation, distances, and more. Independent Testing Certification
Shooter Stopper – NIJ IIIA Rated Bullet-Proof Armor Plate – For Carrier Vest, Jacket, Backpack Insert Size – Level 3A PE with Best Ballistic Shield Coverage Protection Against Pistol Bullets
- Ergonomic: IIIA plates curve to match your body shape. The real shooter’s cut and body of the plate curve to allow accurate shooting and arm movement.
- Legal Travel: TSA & airplane safe. NIJ level 3A standalone PEAD™ protection that can be used during airline travel too.
- NIJ IIIa Rated: Blocks and stops various knives, pistol and airgun rounds. Best thing to have in a life or death situation. Two plate purchase is recommended for vests and clothing to cover both front and back areas.
- Better Than Other: Stops various pistols and shotguns. For example; 12 gauge, 45, 40, .38, 380, 9mm and .44 Magnum SJHP & more, see description. Military-grade PEAD™. Tried and tested to stop multiple rounds from various weapons.
- Super Light Weight: Weighs less than 1.5 pounds
- Built With: Fire, water and dust-resistant materials.
- Light-absorbing Paint: Reduces visibility in low-light environments.
- WEIGHT (10″x12″): 1.1 pounds / 0.5 kg
- WEIGHT (11″x14″): 1.3 pounds / 0.6 kg
- MATERIAL: PEAD™ military-grade polyethylene
- SIZES: Two sizes – 10x12x0.4 in (25x30x1 cm) or 11x14x0.4 in (27x35x1 cm)
- COMPLIES WITH: NIJ level IIIA (3A) under standard 0101.06
Assembled and In the Box
- NIJ level IIIA Strike Face bulletproof insert
Frequently Asked Questions About Bulletproof Clothing
WHAT DOES LEVEL IIIA MEAN?
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) provides categories with performance metrics to qualify for each one. A piece of equipment that withstands stronger ammunition at greater velocities will have a higher rating.
Under NIJ standard 0101.06, body armor must hold a single shot to a depth less than or equal to .44 mm to qualify for a category. Level IIIA is the highest level of soft body armor, protecting the wearer against close-range rounds from various handguns. Armor plates must meet NIJ standards against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose and .44 Magnum rounds to qualify for Level IIIA.
WHAT SETS THIS BALLISTIC PLATE APART?
Our IIIA plates feature a ESAPE or Shooter’s free-cut design with ergonomic curvature and cut-away corners by the arms for total control while firing a weapon.
We ensure our plates provide high-level ballistic protection. We test soft body armor inserts to exceed the requirements for NIJ Level IIIA (3A). Rather than a single round, we fire multiple shots into the armor from various weapons to verify its performance. All trials occur at our NIJ testing center in Fresno, California. You can view paper certificates and performance videos for our IIIA insert plates online.
WHY IIIA INSERT PANELS?
Insert panels are a reliable body armor solution that you can implement in various ways. These durable panels slide easily into plate carrier vests. A carrier vest has a pocket in the front and another in the back to hold bulletproof armor inserts. You can remove a panel to increase your mobility or bump up a level for additional ballistics coverage.
IIIA insert panels are also useful to have in civilian settings. You can line your backpack, purse or other personal bags with armor plates for dependable protection in a pinch. These plates stop the strongest handgun rounds and can save you from harm when you least expect it.
WHAT CARRIER CAN I USE THESE PANELS WITH?
When it comes to lightweight bulletproof vests, the right fit counts. Atomic Defense offers two sizes for NIJ IIIA Bulletproof Insert plates — 10×12 and 11×14 — with carrier vests corresponding with each. We design our vests to carry heavy inserts comfortably and adjust for waist sizes between 26 and 50 inches. You can browse our carrier vests to find the right one for your panels or get in touch for help from an Atomic Defense representative.
Perfect. The item was quickly delivered through usps to Canadian post.
I put this under my shirt on duty and it is awesome. Worth the money for sure since its hard I can take a punch to the chest without feeling.
Soft sealed bag is the better one in my opinion. I like being able to move it around inside my purses and backpacks
very light. About 1 cm thick if that.
Stops my 9mm. Seeing as thats common its all good.
Product box arrived damaged. Carriers fault IMO. 5 star product